Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Favorites - Our Happy Place (Holden Beach)

Friday Favorites- Holden Beach

This edition is coming to you straight from our slice of Heaven here on Earth! We call this place “Our Happy Place” and honest, that’s the name of the house!

 



 In 2006, my parents stumbled upon a little beach town in North Carolina. They booked a home on the beach for the summer of 2007 and thus our family tradition began. I had never heard of Holden Beach before but I was all about making some new memories and something our family could hold on to for years and decades. Well this summer marks the 8th season that we have ventured down to Holden Beach, NC and the 3rd season that we are doing so in my parents beach home (ie: Our Happy Place). If you are curious about this little beach town you can Facebook stalk it here: Holden Beach.

I couldn’t resist doing a tiny blogpost about this incredible beach town!

My favorite antique store to visit while in town is hands down Miss Minnie’s. Each time I have come home pushing the limits of what our car can bring back of new props! This trip was no exception! Be a fan of MissMinnie’s on Facebook.

My favorite Holden Beach activities:


2.) Ocean time

3.) Pool time

4.) Family time 

5.) Running….each and every morning without going to the gym, without hiring a baby-sitter, without any strings attached! I just grab my Brooks Ravenna Sneakers, my Garmin GPS watch, and my iphone with headphones and go. Before everyone wakes up and even makes a peep!

As this trip is coming to an end, the good news is…the kids and I will be back in August for another visit! And I spied an amazing, run down service center that I can’t wait to bring my girls back to for an impromptu photo session. And this said service center just happens to be a hop, skip and a jump from Miss Minnie’s Antique Shop – guess I’ll have to make a pit stop there as well!


If you have never heard of Holden Beach, check it out. Or maybe don’t, we so enjoy the obscurity, quietness, and peacefulness of this little beach town! 



No comments:

Post a Comment