Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Getting Real with Kate & Samuel

Sometimes there are seasons in our lives when we need safety nets to help us get to where we are going, and then eventually you don’t need the net any more. You grow out of it. Just like training wheels on a bike, you need them so desperately at first but then you don’t need them at all anymore. Well today the Del Rio’s say goodbye to our net……. we say goodbye to Samuel's apnea monitor.  
                                                          


It has served its purpose.

It got us home.

It gave Samuel more time to grow and mature. 

It gave us peace of mind to sleep at night.  

It made us both laugh and cry at times.

It scared lots of people at the grocery store.

It made a Hallmark store clerk yell, “ I think it is a fire alarm.”

It took me 45 minutes to get to Hershey one time. (I live 5 minutes away)

It made Marmie (my mom) throw lots of phones….or whatever she had in her hand when it alarmed. Ha ha my mom never really got use to it!

It disrupted a serious meeting at churchJ embarrassing!

Two different times strangers came up to me at Walmart and asked if they could pray for me because they saw the monitor. (I’ll never turn down pray!)

It broke and alarmed (at a volume you can’t even imagine) at 2 am in the morning until I threw it out the front door.

It let me know when Samuel needed me!



Awwww the memoriesJ!

Sooooo goodbye Apnea monitor. You were our training wheels when we needed you…….but now we have figured out how to ride bike.
                                                                

I do wonder how long the microwave buzzer will still make me jump! It gets me ever time!










No comments:

Post a Comment